L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, December 02, 2005

The Death of John Lennon 25 Years Later

I am not sure if I have mentioned it much thus far, but I, like much of the rest of the world, am a huge Beatles fan. In fact, it is so cliche that I am almost embarrassed to admit it. Anyway, I bought the special edition Life did on John Lennon's life to commerate the 25th anniversary of his death.

He died 10 days before I was born, and I have always found it strange that I am so in love with a band whose "lead singer" died before I was even born.

Heck, they even ceased to be a band more than 10 years before I was even born. Anyway, in my opinion, the Beatles have always seemed to be a little like breathing... the most natural thing in the world. I can't remember a time when I did not know their songs (thanks to my Mom, who probably listened to them a lot in the week before I was born), even if I distinctly remember asking my parents who the Beatles were when I was 8 years old.

Funny, they were having an argument regarding the Beatles... My mom has always loved them and I have always felt that my dad was just a tad bit jealous in a strange way. In fact, my dad is one of the few people I knew who really doesn't at least like the Beatles music.

Enough for now... I know this is incredibly boring stuff, but I have always felt that I am certainly not alone with regards to my thoughts on and my love for the Beatles. I have to admit, Paul is my favorite - although John is an extremely close second.

L

The Death of John Lennon in the Media

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket