L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, February 27, 2006

Come home to Little House

Come home to Little House

If you've read some of my earlier posts on Writings of A Misguided Blonde, you may remember that I am a bit obsessed with the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. My dream for some time has been to write a series of children's book regarding my childhood in Michigan.

Anyway, pricing and getting things set for E-Bay, I came across an almost complete set that belonged to my cousins Abby and Emily growing up (my Aunt Robin gave me a bunch of their old books and toys to sell on E-Bay). Well, looking for hardcover versions of the books, I came across this amazing website. Some writers have built on Laura's original books (which I am not sure if I am in agreement with or not), building series based on the lives of Laura's Great-Grandmother, Grandmother, Mother, and Daughter. The whole thing now resembles the American Girl doll collection (each doll has a collection of 6 books). Anyway, if and when I have a daughter, she is definitely going to have the original books (haven't made up my mind on the others yet...). Also, I came across complete sets of Ann of Green Gables books on Amazon.com. Another favorite series of books from my childhood. I wouldn't mind having a hardcover collection of those as well.

You are never too old to be young again, are you?

More later...

Lindsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket