L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, May 18, 2006

One Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Well, here it goes: My little rant as to all that is currently wrong with the world.

First off, let me start on a personal note:
  • I suffered a bad case of insomnia last night and finally feel asleep around 6 AM.
  • My Grandma, who I love dearly, called me at 9 AM. Fortunately, I was able to fall right back to sleep.
  • I've felt incredibly lethargic all day and didn't really get much accomplished at all.
  • The drain leading from our basement to the city sewer became clogged between the basement bathroom drain and the main basement drain. Fortunately, Brian was able to take care of it all once he came home (it wasn't really anything major).
  • Yet another day in which I did not hear from Case, Bay County, or any other potential employer.
On top of all of that, nothing seemed right with the world:
  • Paul McCartney and his wife Heather are getting separated (I truly wanted the rumors to be proven untrue!) - probably one of the saddest things to happen in Beatle history in quite some time (George's death in 2001?). Now, I normally don't follow all of the "celebrity" gossip and such (try as you might, you won't find much - if any - in my blogs), but when it involves the Beatles (Paul in particular), I do pay attention. Paul and Heather Article
  • The Dow dropped well over 200 points! That isn't doing much to get the Michigan economy out of the gutter (sewer more like!).
I know that nothing listed above is significant in the grand scheme of things, but it just seems as though when it rains, it pours!

Oh well, tomorrow is another day...

More later.

Lindsey
____________________________________________________________________
By the way, "No Good, Very Bad Day" is from the children's book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. I have wonderful memories of reading it as a very young child.

1 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger DADvocate said...

Keep your head up on the job hunting. I sent out over 300 resumes to get the job I have now but it was worth it. (The fact that I was changing fields may have made it harder to find a new job.)

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day is a great book and movie. My kids love it, especially since my youngest son is names Alexander. (We call him Alex.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket