L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, June 06, 2005

Frustration Beyond Frustration!!! ANY IDEAS?

What a day! Brian and I spent all day together looking for jobs in Michigan, as usual.
In addition, our air conditioning wasn't working in the 90 degree Texas heat. Luckily, Brian is handy and solved the issue in less than half and hour.

I just wish the job hunt was going as well...

Unfortunately, the economy in Michigan is not good. It has the third highest unemployment rate in the country currently. We are smart people! We just want an opportunity to make a decent living in our hometown - Bay City, Michigan. We have tons of support of our family and friends, three bachelors degrees between us (we graduated in May, 2004), and a lot of skills not necessarily documented in our resumes in addition to work experience. On top of that, I have a lot of international experience.

Of all of the resumes we have submitted on-line, all of the family and friends contacted, we have yet to come up with any solid leads. I just hope that something comes up soon. I know that our families are really looking forward to us coming home. We are impatient to begin our lives together. You can't do that in the United States without money.

Does anyone have any suggestions? We are really open to new ideas, etc.

I never thought that I would be in this position. Up until this last year (even while I was working), I never really had issues with money.

I apologize for ranting and raving; it is just that I am incredibly scared and am quickly losing faith in myself.

~ Lindsey

1 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post my darlin'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket