L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Not ready for college - Yahoo! News

Not ready for college - Yahoo! News

As a recent college grad, I couldn't agree more with this article. Colleges and universities need to do more to make their expectations known. Fortunately, I was prepared well for college, but was very surprised my freshman year to discover the disparity in academic preparedness. In many ways, I felt as though my freshman year was a rehash of my senior year of high school.

As for the idea of using standardized tests in place of college entrance exams, I believe that it is a great idea! Being from Michigan and having attended Michigan State University, it was nice to know that you didn't have to take a separate entrance exam for each university application.

More later...

Lindsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket