L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Denial

The articles below are exactly what I meant by the dangers of revising history and using it for political advantage. People keep trying to pretend that anti-Semitism can only be found on the fringes of world society. The articles below refute that idea well. I've never really talked about it here, but during my semester in Spain in 2002, I was surprised to see the ferocious anti-Semitism there. It wasn't just fringe groups in Madrid or Barcelona either. From all of the advertising and from what I witnessed on a daily basis, it appeared alive and well in the smaller town of Caceres. It turned my stomach and the stomachs of the other Michigan State students as well. At the time (2002), it was far from anything you'd find on a college campus in the United States. It is sad to think that six years could see such deterioration. I'm not sure if most U.S. college students would care anymore.

Lindsey

Simply Jews: The labor of hate - part I
Simply Jews: The labor of hate - part II
Simply Jews: The labor of hate - part III

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket