L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, June 17, 2005

An Update And A Few Pics...

Well, our engagement is back on and the craziest period of my life has begun.
Here are a few items that need to be known:

1. Brian is going to start his own computer consulting business in Bay City, Michigan.
2. Our relationship is stronger than ever.
3. I am excited to be moving back to Bay City and to begin working on our life
together.
4. I hope my family understands the decisions I am making, especially my Mom.
5. We will be fine! Brian and I just need to have faith in ourselves!
6. I am more scared than I have ever been in my entire life!

That having been said, I feel as though an explanation of the last few days is in order. First off, I was beginning to question my relationship with Brian when he reassured me that he is behind me 100%. After a lot of tears and making up, our relationship is better than ever. That is when things began to get interesting...

Yesterday evening, Montgomery County, Texas experienced a severe power outage... This included our apartment complex... The power was out for 5 hours last night
(7PM - 12AM) in 90 degree (F) + heat. Brian and I ran out searching for some location that had power in order to get a bit to eat. We ended up at Taco Bell amongst a throng of Woodlanders looking for dinner. After Taco Bell, we ran back to our apartment in order to rescue Sparty (our adorable kitty) as had already been gone for two hours at least. After retrieving the cat, we hopped into the air conditioned car - off in search of adventure! Turns out that the power outage affected over 100,000 customers in 7 Texas counties!

Well, when we headed back around midnight, we had power - AND problems! The brownout proceeding the blackout blew the power supplies in both of our computers, destroyed our old VCR, etc. What a mess! Brian and I spent all day today trying to locate cheap, high performance power supplies. We finally ended up at Fry's... What an experience! We were there for close to two hours.

Anyway, I apologize for not posting over the last few days...
It has been hectic! I hope Brian and I have some good luck soon!

Kayaking...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but my parents own a campground and canoe livery along the Rifle River in Omer, Michigan. I grew up canoeing and kayaking (kayaking is my favorite!) on the Rifle and miss it terribly... Omer will only be a half hour drive from Bay City! I am really looking forward to getting back to my roots...

Here is a pic of my little brother advertising one of my Dad's new rental products. I can't believe my parents are letting my brother grow his hair so long! He is truly turning into the moody teenager. I wonder who the lucky girl is??? Miss Chelsea perhaps? At 14, my brother already has a girlfriend (Chelsea)...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
ALASKA!

I discovered this lovely picture on Webshots...
I would absolutely love to go to Alaska someday...
(Hint, Hint Brian!)

My Dad has been to Alaska several times on various hunting trips. I know he wants all of his children to see a place so near and dear to his heart... (not sure if Canada or Alaska is his preferred destination...)

Anyway, I've always wanted to go! I suppose you can blame my Dad...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And Finally, Random Pic of the Day!

In my mind, this picture symbolizes all that is wrong with corporate America today...
After close to two years of experience, I have come to conclusion that the phrase "creativity at work" is an oxymoron with regards to traditional big business in the US.

If anyone disagrees, please let me know!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well, I suppose that is it for this evening... I really hope that things start looking up for the two of us... We could really use a bit of good news right now.

~ Lindsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket