L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, November 18, 2005

Back to Basics...

Well, here is the blunt truth:

- I live in a city I love - and I don't want to move!
- I have a loving fiance who I adore - and who adores me!
- I have a loving, supportive family - Brian's family included!
- I have two bachelors degrees from a very well respected Michigan university (MSU).

- I will be 25 a month from today (and that scares the hell out of me)!
- Both Brian and I are unemployed and have been for over 6 months.
- Corporate America has left a horrible taste in my mouth - I only want to work for
myself...
- My Dad may have a job opportunity for me - in Canada!
- My Dad and Brian don't get along - Dad doesn't know Brian well enough...
- I would like to lose 80 lbs.

It is apparent that something has to change...
Right now, I just feel absolutely paralized by all that has happened to me since college:

- Loving, meaningful relationship.
- Career hell - Horrible first job and boss, not to mention current unemployment.
- Substantial weight gain due to stress.
- Move from Michigan to Texas, and then from Texas to Michigan.
- Living alone and then with Brian, and now back to living alone.
- Family pressure both personally and professionally.

All I want is this: I would like my loved ones (family and otherwise) to fully accept the fact that I am an adult and that I will make my own decisions. I would like my loved ones to respect one another, even if they harbor dislike for each other.

Is it too much to ask?

At this point, I really need to move on with my life.

I want to start my career (again), announce our engagement, mend feelings between my Dad and Brian, plan our wedding, begin paying down debt, purchase house, and possibly pursue advanced degree.

Somewhere down the line, I would like to take over my father's business as well.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!
I feel as though I am going nowhere fast...

Lindsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket