L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, May 20, 2006

World Watch

Well, there has been SO much going on lately (politically, anyway), that I really haven't taken a moment to catch up. I've come across WAY too much good material. First off, I read A Blog For All every day, without question. He writes a lot about the brewing Palestinian Civil War, on-going tensions with Iran (including the role of China), and much, much more worth reading. I even have him added to My Yahoo!

Well, things have been extremely disturbing lately. He starts off by discussing China's role in Iran's quest for nukes. Let's just say that I'm not really shocked. Disturbed, not shocked. See article below.

A Blog For All: China's Playing A Very Dangerous Game

It gets worse, much worse. Mr. Lawhawk (that is his pen name) then goes on to discuss some of the new laws that are being pushed on the Iranian people.

A Blog For All: Ahmadinejad's the Real Deal

Fortunately, I'm not the only one to notice the similarities. I've also come across a really good blog entry discussing how Nazi Germany was misconstrued as extreme Right-Wing when it in reality, it was only right of the Communists regimes that were in place at the time. The writer made an excellent argument (I know it really sounds absurd when just written here, and I will try to come up with the exact article - or series of articles). Anyway, the whole point was that the extreme Left, such as Venezuela's Chavez, are essentially following the example of the Nazis. Then again, I've come across SO much on Latin America lately, it will have to be a whole other post. Many who know me know exactly how near and dear to my heart Latin America is! (Much more soon, I promise!)

Back to Iran again...

Atlas Shrugs: World War IV

In the article above, the people (or person) over at Atlas Shrugs have already given a label to all that is going on in the Middle East (Iran, Iraq, and Israel - along with the Palestinians) - nothing less than World War IV. The latest entry discusses Iran's role in the war in Iraq. Now I must confess, at this point, a few of you dear readers might be a little bit confused. What happened to World War III you say? Well, I've come across this theory before. In a lot of books, theorists consider the Cold War to have been World War III. In fact, there is a VERY good personal story that goes along with this, but I will share it later (soon, I promise!).

Now I must take a minute to state this: I sincerely hope that it does not come down to out right war with Iran. I want peace and diplomacy; however, I'm also a pragmatist. I don't see how anyone is going to be able to reason with Iran, not with the current tenants of Islamofascism that have such a death grip on that Iranian people. A lot of people (even some conservatives) would say that diplomacy would work if anyone other than George W. Bush was in the White House. I find that to be a complete load of garbage. I know that a lot of people don't stand behind Bush right now, but I am proud to do so (and I am certainly not a sheep!). In stating that I still support the President, I can't say that I agree with every policy or every action he has taken. In particular, I think that he has completely mismanaged his "image," or should I say, his relationship with the media (which will NEVER give him a far shake). Well, enough on that. Once again, that is another post (or maybe even two, considering the whole issue of illegal immigration, which I think Bush is getting exactly right!).

Back to Iran.

The next article also draws eerie parallels to Nazi Germany right before World War II. Which really disgusts me, is the way that this woman was treated by a supposed Western democracy!!! I could go on and on about this one (it particularly outrages me as a woman)!

J O S H U A P U N D I T: Ayaan Hirsi Ali - coming to America?

On a similar topic, I've come across other articles describing the increase of gang rape in areas of Germany that have a large Muslim immigrant population. I would post it, but it seems a bit too sensational to put here. Indeed, it is incredibly upsetting.

I suppose that is it for now. There is just too much death, destruction, and tyranny going on in the world right now. Sometimes I really wish that I wasn't a news hound (as my Mom and sister would describe me). I've always kept up with current events, even as a child. It is a result of this that I remember Reagan's speeches well, even though I was 8 when he left office.

Brian and I discuss the issues above often, and we share very similar points of view. While he believes that we are headed towards World War III (or IV - depending on how you look at it), he also thinks that I am a bit paranoid. I don't know if that is true or not; I just try to keep up with what is going on in the world. I truly believe that the citizens of the United State of America need to Wake Up! to the realization that we are at War - and have been since 9/11.

More later.

Lindsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket