L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, June 02, 2006

The Latest on The War - And Abby

In my last post, I promised you more serious fodder.
Well, here it goes:

J O S H U A P U N D I T

There are several new articles on the site linked above that deserve attention. His "Beast" series of articles certainly is a wake up call. I believe that he is taking the "Beast" sayings directly from The Bible (and more specifically, Revelations) - although don't quote me on that.

In other news...

abby_jane: the news...

An old high school and college classmate of mine, and now good friend, succinctly described her reaction to a recent news item. It is newsworthy in that she truly realizes the seriousness in what is going on in the Iraq - and the blind hatred that islamofascism has against all U.S. citizens and U.S. interests. They have no regard for human life. Period.

What I really admire about her post is that she doesn't reveal her personal political views. In all honesty, I have no idea whether she leans left or right, nor do I want to know. I just wish that more people viewed the situation in this light. It is this perspective that united us during World War I and II - and ultimately led the Allies to victory.

I can only hope that more people have their eyes opened in the days, weeks, months, and years to come.

On a side note, I continue to marvel at my friendship with Abby. We might actually meet up this summer - and she has been wonderful in providing feedback for my writing efforts.

In the past, we certainly had our differences, but as time went on, we found ourselves with incredibly similar experiences and circumstances. Our high school classmates would be besides themselves in bewilderment if they knew of our friendship such was our dislike for each other during that period of our lives. Indeed, Abby stated that the world might just be turned upside down if we do meet up this summer.

I really admire the fact that she is now a music teacher. Who knows? I may yet end up a teacher myself.

More later.

Lindsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket