L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, May 22, 2006

FOXNews.com - Dixie Chicks' Maines Says U.S. President Owed 'No Respect Whatsoever'

FOXNews.com - Dixie Chicks' Maines Says U.S. President Owed 'No Respect Whatsoever'

I woke up this morning to this discussion on Fox News... WOW. I can't believe that I ever like the band or their music. Who do they think they are pushing their political views on their audience? That is one sure fire way to anger me - whether one's views are on the extreme right or left! Personally, I could care less what musicans, any one in Hollywood, or any other entertainer thinks with regards to politics. They have a tendency to be far removed from reality, so why should I care? I can think for MYSELF.

Brian gave me a hard time of still having some of their MP3s in my collection ("Travelin' Soldier" and "Long Time Gone"), and I thought that he was taking the whole thing way too seriously. Unfortunately, he wasn't. I really feel like sending my Dixie Chicks CDs to the landfill - where they belong. Having said that, it certainly isn't due to their political beliefs (if I did that, I'd have to throw out all of my Beatles and John Lennons albums, which, of course, I could never do). It is due to the fact that they think that they are so high and mighty - that they are better than anyone else. They evidently feel that they can shove their political views down everyone else's throats. Also, they feel that they can put down two artists that I love - Toby Keith and Reba!

In my point of view, they make it clear in the article that they feel that Reba and Toby fans are closed-minded. That couldn't be further from the truth in my case - and I hate the insinuation.

So - Miss Natalie Whatever - You can take your music and shove it! No one cares! They obviously have no respect for the Presidency (which is separate from having respect for the men who hold the office), the US, or their fans. It was people like me who helped make them stars - and it will be people like me who will send their "careers" into obscurity.

Lindsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket