L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Record of Protests

While I was researching the latest protests in Berkeley, I came across this chronicle of protests that highlights most protests from approximately 2002 until today. It is a fascinating website whether or not you agree with the protesters. It certainly demonstrates that our freedom of speech is alive and well. You may get the feeling that California is still living in the 1960s. If you get a chance to look at the site, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Much more later...

Lindsey

zombietime

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger DADvocate said...

I graduated from high school in 1969 and participated in a few anti-Vietnam War protests. Under the same circumstances, some of it I wouldn't do again, some I would.

But, I think you're right about many being stuck in that time. I think there are more effective ways for people to get their points across, blogging one. Emailing government representatives, letters to the editor and such. One drawback of demonstrations is that people see what you look like. When people see a bunch of aging hippies, like in many of the California protest picturs, they just roll their eyes.

You asked for feedback. I like your blog because your frank, write in a clear, understandable style, and I feel like I get some insight into the thoughts of a younger generation.

The only two things I can think of are - I once took a creative writing class. The instructor said don't worry about style. Everyone has their own style any way. Just write.

The second piece is the same as the first. I can't find it on the Web but I read an anecdote about William Faulkner. He was to speak to a group of people that wanted to be writers. He started with, "Who here wants to be a writer?" Everyone raised their hands. Then he said, "Good. Let's go home and write." Then he turned and left.

I like to write. It's hard to make a living writing as well paying "jobs" for writers are few. I've often thought of writing a book of some sort. But for now I'm happy blogging even with the few readers I get.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket