L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Venezuela Versus Colombia

I originally heard about this story yesterday, but at the time, I wasn't sure how I wanted to address it. For those who don't know, I spent a semester studying abroad in Ecuador, which is close to both Venezuela and Colombia. I really grew attached to my host family in Ecuador, but I have been unable to contact them since 2001. As the news of the mounting tensions between Colombia and Venezuela came out, Chavez (yes, THAT Chavez) stated that safeguards would be taken to ensure that Ecuador isn't affected. Let's just say that I trust Chavez about as much as I trust that tyrant who runs Iran (Ahmadinejad). I heard first hand what happened to Ecuador when it suffered an economic crisis in 1999. I sincerely wish Ecuador luck. Ecuador is a beautiful country that deserves better. The same could be said for much of Latin America. I have little hope that things will change for the better.

FOXNews.com - Venezuelan Troops Move to Colombian Border As Tensions Between Two Countries Mount - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Lindsey

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket