L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Jurors' verdict a triumph of reason over emotion - Yahoo! News

Jurors' verdict a triumph of reason over emotion - Yahoo! News

WOW. This editorial from US Today describes my reaction to the Moussaoui verdict EXACTLY. While I am a supporter of the death penalty in SOME cases, it was too good of an option for him. He came to this country to DIE, so why should we allow him a death similar to the one he wanted? Let's face it: All he wanted was publicity. A public execution would have given him exactly that. Now he can rot for 40 or 50 years in solitary confinement - and die anonymously.

I don't think that there is any contradiction with regards to the jury finding him eligible for the death penalty and then turning around and not giving it to him. I think they wanted more - and I believe that their decision was made on the basis of what's described in the article and what I mentioned above.

Good riddance.

Lindsey
_____________________________________________
Just a simple side commentary. I can understand the reasonnig of the relatives of the 9/11 victims wanting the death penalty - and I believe that their point of view needs to be respected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket