L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Grandma, 41, Among Army's Older Recruits

FOXNews.com - Grandma, 41, Among Army's Older Recruits

An interesting story and trend. It just goes to show you that people should never give up on their dreams, no matter what their age!

During World War I, older men were drafted, as I discovered in doing family research (I came across my great-great grandfather's WW I draft card - he would have been in his mid to late 30s - if not 40s - at the time). I suppose this is just a reverse in trends.

Our military is getting more and more diverse all of the time - and in my opinion, that is a very good thing!

More later...

Lindsey

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Mercurior said...

just imagine if all those strong minded grannies went out to fight, dear god, they would butcher them all the grannies would butcher everyone else.. no one knows the terror of your grannie in full anger mode.. makes the hulk look like an 8lb weakling..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket