L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, February 22, 2008

Male Bashing - The New American Sport?

Pajamas Media: Ask Dr. Helen: Is Male Bashing Curable?

The article above highlights a disturbing trend that gets much discussion at my house. Let's face it: we don't treat men in our society with decency and respect. Somewhere along the line, it became trendy to ascribe all of society's ills to men.

For the most part, men have ignored it best they can and have turned to their own affairs. However, when you do have an opportunity to truly discuss things with the men in your life, you will soon discover that there are some real concerns there.

I've never understood why people of all sexes, races, religions, and nationalities couldn't simply treat each other with basic human dignity. I'm sure I'm not alone in that thought. It saddens me to see children not treat their fathers with respect, to see fathers becoming more alienated from their families, and to see men fall behind (there are now less men pursuing college degrees than women).

In some ways these concerns are overblown, but it doesn't mean that it isn't an issue. I know all too many women who expect everything to be handed to them and then disrespect the men in their lives. I know how the men in my life have been treated, and I don't always like what I see.

Lindsey

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow I can associate with this too well. I have often been on the receiving end of that male bashing. Plus my daughter has often times disrespected me.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger russelllindsey said...

Jeff -

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had experience with this. Brian (my boyfriend) has too, although thankfully not from his family. He and I talk about this a lot and we feel that it is a real problem.

I saw how it has affected my little brother, who is 17.

Lindsey

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Flip said...

Oh Lindsey, this drives me nuts! It is awful, the women disrespect their men and the children follow suit. It is truly disturbing.

I have counseled my daughter about this issue many times.

I love the title of your bog, Blonie, lol

Flip

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger russelllindsey said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad that you're confronting your daughter about it. I shudder to think of things I said to my Dad growing up. There are a lot of women around my age (20s) that truly have a "princess" complex.

As for the Blonde thing, it is quite the joke. I'm not a blond anymore! I let my hair go to its natural color around the time I started this blog.

LOL - You made my night! Good for you on confronting your daughter!

Lindsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket