L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, February 25, 2008

Profile of a Writer - Michelle L. Devon (Michy) - Part 1

As I mentioned earlier, this is the first in a series of profiles on writers. I will contribute a new profile every Monday. When I decided to add this feature to my blog, I already knew who I wanted to profile first, Ms. Michelle L. Devon (Michy).

Before I get into profiling her work, it is necessary to provide a little background. When I first joined Associated Content in October 2006, I became familiar with Michy and her work. Indeed, it is difficult to be a contributor to Associated Content without becoming aware of Michy. She works hard to ensure everyone feels welcome at Associated Content. In fact, the website couldn't ask for a better ambassador.

The amazing thing is that Michy freely gives her time and energy to help aspiring writers (myself included). She is a published author, but she is much more than just an author. She runs a thriving business providing a variety of writing and editorial services. While she has much more lucrative opportunities at her fingertips, she continues to be a vital contributor to Associated Content.

Over the years many have asked her why she continues to contribute to Associated Content. She has stated that she continues to contribute to Associated Content due to its vibrant community of aspiring writers. In essence, she's staying because of us. In the year and half I have known her, it became apparent to me that helping others is simply a way of life for Michy. This is most apparent in her vibrant writer's forum. She lists several opportunities for those writers wishing to pursue a freelance writing career. Personally, I find the discussion amongst all of the writers thought provoking and insightful. If you have any interest at all in writing, even as a hobby, I encourage you to at least check out her forum.

In fact, it is difficult to understand Michy's work (written and otherwise) without understanding her need to help others. If you take the time to visit her various blogs and articles, you will quickly get the feeling that she has a deep understanding of human nature. You will notice that many of her blogs serve to provide other writers with the necessary tools with which to succeed. They also serve to inspire others.

Amazingly, the work below (various websites, blogs, and articles) only scratches the surface of all that Michy has produced as a writer and as an editor. While I have yet to discover all of her work myself, rest assured that I will be doing so soon. She has at least two books published and many more in the works. Sadly, I have yet to read either. There will be another profile written about her additional work at a later date. There is simply that much to cover.

If you enjoy the writing process and also love to read, I encourage you to take the time to get to know Michy's work well. You might be surprised at all that you can learn. Rest assured that you will be a better writer and a better person as a result. Please visit my delicious account here to keep up with all of Michy's online ventures.

Michelle L. Devon
Accentuate Services
Accentuate Writer's Forum

Michelle L. Devon (Michy)'s Content Producer Page - Associated Content
Michy's Associated Content Blog

Michy's Editing & Proofreading Hints & Tips Blog
Michy's Book Reviews and Author Interviews Blog
Michy's Product & Product Reviews Blog
Michy's 365 Days of Poetry Blog
Michy's Thoughts Blog

Michelle L. Devon (Michy)'s Yahoo! 360 Page

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Michelle L. Devon said...

Wow! You honor me!

I have to laugh though - you left out my Myspace page, even though you just commented on my blog this morning (giggles).

I loved this, Lindsey. Thank you so much for doing this. I feel special now and all (blush).

Love and stuff,
Michy

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger russelllindsey said...

Michy - I'm glad that you love it!

I was worried about doing you justice. I purposely left out your MySpace (not sure why, but then again, I've always been a little funny about MySpace).

I'll include it in part II, if you don't mind. I'm planning on doing part II in a month or so (or at least a couple of weeks). I want to profile some additional writers before I come back to you.

Again, I'm so glad that you're feeling better, if tired.

Lindsey

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Flip said...

Excellent profile, Lindsey.

I really enjoy your blog. And completely love the Misguided Blonde title.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger russelllindsey said...

Thanks so much! I'm really starting to build a readership.

Site Meter is great for finding out who is discovering your blog.

Take care.

Lindsey

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Wonderful tribute! You did a great job.

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great profile of a very deserving person. I wish I had half of her talent and energy.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger russelllindsey said...

I wish that I did too! Thanks for the comment!

Lindsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket