L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Drama

Sometimes I feel as though I bring all of the drama on myself. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems and just about any obstacle can be overcome. I'm just frustrated. I do genuinely feel sidelined in both the economic and political sphere. I know that it is within my power to rectify the situation, but I don't even know where to begin. I can't force anyone to hire me, and quite frankly, there is not much hiring going on around here at all. It would be a completely different story if Brian and I were in a position to move. In fact, if we wanted to move to the other side of Michigan, my sister could get me a job right away. If Brian's career wasn't going well, I'd be pressuring him to move.

The thing is that I've been torn for nearly three years. If I stay, I have the love and support of my family, Brian's family, and Brian. The only issue that Brian and I face is my lack of employment, and as a result, financial stress. I should consider myself lucky, but it doesn't feel that way. I feel as though I'm holding us back, and I'm of service to no one. I suffered rejection as a child, but this is much worse. If I left, I would lose Brian, not see my family nearly as often, and I would have to start over completely. I could never leave Brian.

It kills me that Michigan is doing nothing to help people actually live here (i.e. jobs). This state has educated an entire generation of workers for the southwest at this point. The supposed leaders of this state claim that education is the key to securing Michigan's economic future. While I agree to an extent, it doesn't change the fact that there is nothing here for college graduates. We may have some of the best universities in the country, but we have limited (very limited) opportunities for college graduates - at least on the east side of the state.

The whole thing frustrates me to no end. I've been dealing with these issues for nearly three years. The only people who care are my family, Brian, and Brian's family. People in this area seem to have a general idea of what is going on, but no one is willing to do anything about it. If I had any kind of political power, I would be using it to help find a solution to this type of situation. I know for a fact that I'm not the only person going through this.

Lindsey

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket