L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Voice of a Young Girl with Turner Syndrome

I happened across the blog and website of a 12 year-old girl with Turner Syndrome. It took me back to my childhood. There are some things that she has written that appear to be taken directly from my personal journals from that time (you know, what writers had before the Internet). It was really refreshing to be reminded of how far I've come, how much I've grown in 15 years. It is certainly to be expected, but when it hits you in the face, you have to sit back in wonder!

Anyway, she is quite a poised young lady for 12. You can find her links below. She has a promising future as a writer and web designer!

Colleen's Turner Syndrome Page
Colleen's Blog

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...I am the very proud mother of this 12 year old! I thank you so much for your kind and inspiring words about colleen...she is one amazing kid...She has met so many wonderful women who have helped to support and encourage her. She has the world at her fingertips and it is a joy to watch her make her way!
Christine Joyce

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger russelllindsey said...

You must be very proud of your daughter!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I would not have been able to do that at 12 years old. I also have Turners and never met another woman with turners until I was 40 years old. I'm glad she is sharing her story so other girls and women can know they are not alone.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger russelllindsey said...

Cheryl -

Thanks for commenting too. I agree, I couldn't have done that at 12 either. Her writing reminds me of my PERSONAL writing from when I was 12, but I wouldn't have had the guts to put it out there at that age. She is really helping other girls with TS. I hope that she realizes that.

Lindsey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket