L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Living Life to the Fullest

I came across this article as I read the newspaper this evening. If my Mom happened to read it, I'm sure that she'd be calling me up to tell me that I need to read it. A lot of her advice can be found in the article (and my Dad's too; he's always known how to get what he wanted out of life). Anyway, it is a great read for anyone. I just need to take some of its lessons to heart, specifically asking for what you want. It is becoming clearer and clearer what I truly want. I need to get up the strength to simply ask. There are even a couple of different people and institutions I can ask. I really need to come up with a concise plan.

My Last Lecture | PARADE Magazine

Lindsey

UPDATE: After a little research, I found an interview with Professor Randy Pausch. You can read it here. This may make me a geek, but I love Reader's Digest due to interviews like this. Professor Paush's story makes me think of my Grandpa Russell's story. He died at 46 (colon cancer), leaving two kids. I never knew him. It also made me better understand what my Aunt and Uncle recently went through. After Christmas, their family went on a vacation to Florida. My Uncle, who is a professor (late 40s), had a seizure in a pool and almost died. They have three kids. He is very lucky to be here, and recently, my Aunt and Uncle went on a vacation alone. I can't imagine facing mortality at that age, knowing what I had to lose.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket