L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, April 06, 2008

A Sad Day for Gun Owners' Rights

I woke up to the news below. It appears that one of the great supporters of the rights of gun owners is no longer with us, just when he is needed most.

FOXNews.com - Charlton Heston Dies at Beverly Hills Home

Guest blogger see-dubya discusses the success of concealed carry laws here in the U.S. Of course, Far Left Liberals like Obama don't worry about results. He's just playing to the base. It is absolutely sickening. Now is certainly not the time to attack the Second Amendment. Quite frankly, we need it more than ever.

Michelle Malkin » Obamessiah: Roll Back Concealed Carry Laws!

Speaking of the rights of gun ownwers, do employees have the right to protect themselves at work? Apparently not in some segements of the economy. Heaven forbid an employee tries to save his or her own life.

Pajamas Media » Blog Archive » Gun Control at Pizza Hut

While the only gun I've ever fired (and probably ever will fire) is a a B-B gun, I am a strong supporter of the Right to Bear Arms. My Dad and my future brother-in-law are both avid hunters. I grew up around guns, and my little sister even hunts with her husband-to-be from time to time. That isn't to mention the fact that my future brother-in-law is a police officer. I've heard him talk about how armed off-duty officers have literally saved many lives over the years (his Dad was a police officer too). I truly hope that it doesn't get to the point in this country where responsible citizens who know how to handle firearms properly can't own them. Unlike moonbat Rosie O'Donnel, I'm not afraid of guns in the right hands.

A comment I received from Aurora from Australia, owner of The Midnight Sun, this morning is fitting:

"I do agree that America has always been a bit freer in most areas, but I also believe that this is about to radically change (and has already begun as we speak). The world is going through sweeping changes overnight and I'm not sure that we in the west even begin to be ready for it." - Aurora

I, for one, hope that she is incorrect. That said, I've watched in horror as Governor Granholm simply refused to address Michigan's serious issues since 2002. I don't believe that she intended to destroy Michigan, but it happened as a result of her inept leadership. Are we about to see it happen on a national level?

Lindsey

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Katrinka Yobotz said...

Video: Alan Keyes at Second Amendment rally in Harrisburg, PA
mms://media1.pahousegop.com/video/170204423.wmv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket