L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, June 09, 2008

Dearborn, Michigan and Radar Site

I stated earlier today that I've experienced unusual traffic on my blog ever since commenting on an important piece written by Roger Gardner at Radar Site (see blog entry below). The piece made it clear to me that Michigan, and much of the United States, is painfully negligent on counter terrorism efforts.

For whatever reason, the description of what is currently taking place in Dearborn, Michigan made me think back to a story I heard (from a reliable source) about Michigan during 9/11. Prior to 9/11, a list of terror targets in the U.S. was published online. I'm not sure what the intention was, but it did include a location in Michigan. It was rumored that this location may have been a secondary target on 9/11. I won't go into greater detail, but since 9/11, there were a few incidents in Michigan that may have been tied to terrorism.

There was a supposed plot to blow up the Mackinac Bridge. Suspects that were apprehended, and later released (to the best of my knowledge), all had ties to Dearborn. However, every time the Muslim community of Dearborn, Michigan is portrayed, whether in the local or national media, it is always in a positive light. My question is simple. Why aren't more questions being asked? Why are we allowing the possibility of a terror cell in our midst? Better yet, why are we not ensuring that one doesn't exist?

Yet, there appears to be a decided apathy towards going after legitimate suspects if they are Muslim. No one wants to come out and name the threat of Islamofascism, but it is real. It is my greatest fear that we will one day wake up again to find that it is too late, just as we did on 9/11.

I realize that there are many who may believe that I'm being xenophobic or racist in naming the threat. I realize that there are many Muslims living in Michigan and the rest of the United States who wish the rest of us no harm. However, why won't they stand up and help name the fanatics? Why are they letting their religion be ruined by extremists? Those questions all need to be addressed, but due to an absence of leadership (it is particularly absent in Michigan at the moment), people tend to want to believe that it will just go away.

Every day, I find that is it is becoming more unacceptable to be Christian; freedom of speech is being severely eroded in countries such as Australia, the United Kingdom, and even (perhaps especially) Canada; and it is becoming increasingly impossible to directly and openly discuss the most pressing challenges facing our country.

I took a leave from blogging in order to decide just how political I wanted it to become. While I don't want it to become a partisan slug-fest, I'm completely baffled at just how blind so many people in the United States are to the threat facing this nation. I haven't given up on Michigan or the United States yet. Somehow, in some way, those who see what I see will have to be noticed and taken seriously.

RADARSITE: The Serpent is in the Nest: The Islamification of Dearborn, Michigan

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your recent post is shocking and eye opening. I read both the articles at Radarsite, too. It's a lot to take in. Thanks for speaking up. For me it comes like a wake-up call. I've never been political and don't have a lot of faith in the way politicians and parties work. What can we do?

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger DADvocate said...

I'm not sure how much you're blogging now days but I though I'd tag you.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The serpent post at Radarsite is excellent. Dearborn really stands out, doesn't it? I have a regular reader at my blog from there. Makes you wonder what kind of a hotbed of activity is seething under the surface and what the implications are.
By the way, nothing wrong with a bit of political blogging. Someone has to stand at the wall and alert the city and I guess it's us!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger russelllindsey said...

Thanks for all of the support guys. I'm actually back blogging now. Finally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket