L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, January 21, 2006

One Hell of A Ride - Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish 2005

First off, I owe everyone an explanation. The past month and a half has been utterly insane.
It all started a couple of weeks before Christmas when my Dad was hospitalized. Fortunately, he is fine now, though he is battling depression. Happily, he and my Mom have decided not to divorce and are working things out.

Just as things were getting back to normal - the annual Birthday Brunch for my cousin Grant, my sister Erica and I; my Dad coming home; etc... I became extremely sick.

It started on Dec. 20th with a nasty head cold (congestion, headaches, cough, etc.) and by the 23rd, I was sick enough to miss out on a great family holiday party. Fortunately, I pulled it together for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and even the day after Christmas (Brian and I had our own little celebration). After that, I absolutely had no energy.

In addition to the head cold, I ended up getting hives. My skin started peeling and it was all unbelievably nasty. I might have had a very high fever, I'm not sure. Anyway, I pretty much stayed in bed for almost 2 weeks. Just as I thought I was getting better, I would suddenly become worse. Once again, I pulled it together for New Year's Eve... As many may know, I was particularly anxious for 2005 to be behind me.

Well, after all was said and done, I ended up losing 10 lbs. and had one messy apartment. Even last week, I still had no energy to pull my life together (clean, organize, write, search for a new job, E-Bay, etc, etc.).

During all of this huge mess, Brian received some wonderful news! He now has a great job at Case Systems in Midland, Michigan. He received it on Jan. 3, my Dad's birthday no less. Right now, he is working as a database administrator. While he could comfortably support the two of us on his salary, I need a job! I need to get out of the house, have benefits, so on so forth...

It has been difficult to sit home all day every day just knowing that there is so much out there you want to accomplish, so much you can offer.

So, that is where I stand. Thus far, 2006 has been much more generous than 2005, even if I have been sick. I can only hope that things are finally coming together for Brian and me.

Love,

Lindsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket