L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Rest in Heavenly Peace Wally Bronner

For those unfamiliar with Michigan, Bronner's Christmas Wonderland in Frankenmuth, Michigan is something of a tourist attraction. This small town is a recreation of Bavaria in Michigan. Not only that, but one of its main attractions, Bronner's Christmas Wonderland, is known for celebrating Christmas all year long. They have a lot of wonderful Christmas decorations, and their store is a sight to behold. It is beautifully decorated and very large.

Well, Mr. Wally Bronner, the gentleman who founded Bronner's in the 1940s, passed away today. I heard about it on the radio as I was running errands. He was well-known in the area (Frankenmuth is maybe 20 minutes from my home) as a upstanding businessman and a leader in the Frankenmuth community. What really brought this home was a conversation I had with my Grandpa Buttrick a few months before he passed away regarding Wally Bronner. My Grandpa Buttrick, a well-respected businessman and community supporter too, told me how much he respected Mr. Bronner. Grandpa Buttrick stated that he met Wally Bronner a couple of times, and I can imagine that the two men had quite a bit in common. Anyway, it is a sweet little memory that I have of my Grandpa. I also have several wonderful childhood memories associated with Bronners.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Bronner family today.

Wally Bronner, founder of Bronner's Christmas Wonderland in Frankenmuth, dies

Lindsey

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Ginger said...

Wally was a very special man and touched so many lives. Read my tribute for more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket