L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, May 06, 2006

History - Arenac County, Michigan MIGenWeb

History - Arenac County, Michigan MIGenWeb

The history of where I grew up. In theory, you could say I grew up in Omer or in Standish - and you'd be correct either way. Lately, I've been tempted to say that I grew up in Arenac County. Do I hear dueling banjos? (just kidding - nervous smirk)

More later...

Lindsey

______________________________________________________________________
PS - The high school graduation program included below is for my Grandma Reid's class (she was Julia Suszko back then) - Sterling High School Class of 1942. I remember her going to her 50th class reunion back in 1992. By the time my Mom and her sisters attended high school, Standish (the school my Great-Grandma Buttrick graduated from) and Sterling High Schools had merged into Standish-Sterling Central High School (it was built in the mid-1950s and I graduated from there in 1999 - my sister, Class of 2002, graduated from the new high school they built right after I graduated). My Mom teaches at Standish Elementary School.

As you can see, my family history is interwoven with the history of the county.

Scrapbook - History - Arenac County, Michigan MIGenWeb
Standish-Sterling Central Community School District

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket