L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Oxygen TV Schedule

Oxygen TV Schedule

Ok, I'm ANGRY! I LOVE the Oxygen TV network. They're doing a lot to help accurately portray women in a society that over-objectifies them - and they are also doing a lot to bring honest, open discussion of sex in a society that doesn't discuss IT openly (all the while becoming overly sexualized). "Talk Sex with Dr. Sue Johanson" is an AMAZING show (which I try to catch from time to time).

With all of the GOOD that Oxygen is doing (without being TOO overtly political), why the hell do they have to honor Hanoi Jane (Jane Fonda) with her own movie marathon this weekend? It sickens me. She continues to be anti-American and she is undermining the Iraq War - just as she did a generation ago with Vietnam. Now I don't mind them showing her movies once in a while, but a movie marathon???
It appears as though they are tyring to make a political statement (but I hope that I'm wrong on that one).

Anyway, I'm pissed. Why does everything the least bit groundbreaking automatically have to have a liberal slant? I'm sick and tired of it. Why aren't conservatives going out of their way to associate with similar initiatives (and many would go far in furthering the cause)?

More later.

Lindsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket