L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, August 19, 2006

WW III: Another 9/11 Prevented - 6

Please stay with me this evening! I've come across a treasure-trove of wonderful information and commentary. In fact, I'll probably even have a follow-up post later. Here we go:

The Discerning Texan

Dedicated to getting the truth out there! Why do I get that feeling that if the worst-case scenario occurs, Texas, like the Alamo, will still stand? Ah, I miss the state! Another must-link.

The Discerning Texan: The Gathering Storm

An apt analogy for the current world "situation"! Also, a good lead into my next link:

The Gathering Storm

A variety of great posts calling it like it is! A worthy link in an ever-expanding chain!

Infidel Bloggers Alliance

Another wonderful blog calling attention to current world events! Some of the most eye-opening posts are highlighted below.

Infidel Bloggers Alliance: So Begins The European Street Revolt Against Islam

Amazing article! Why do I see this becoming the "new normal"? If our leaders don't protect us, more and more people are going to have to take things into their own hands - and that does not necessarily mean resorting to violence (as this article indicates)!

Infidel Bloggers Alliance: Bush Doctrine Phase II

I first came across a reference to this "speech" (accredited to Diane West) in Atlas Shrugs. Unfortunately, the post in Atlas Shrugs was incomplete, and I wasn't able to locate the original post written by Diane West.

Personally, I would be extremely happy if President Bush gave this speech verbatim. I can't wait to read the rest of the "speech"! It is about time the gloves came off...

A Blog For All

I've mentioned this particular blog quite a bit in the past. I check it every single day. If you want to stay up on the latest news, look no further.

A Blog For All: Liquid Explosives Found in US Airport

Extremely disturbing news! Where have I been that I hadn't heard this until now??? I hate to say this, but it is only a matter of time before it all happens again. I sure hope that I'm wrong.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Fox News over the last couple of days has really cut down their coverage relating to the Middle East, terrorism, etc. (otherwise known as real news) and has been the developments in a 1o year-old murder case instead? I'm really sick and tired of it! You know the case would have never received this kind of attention if the victim had been anything other than the stereotypical caucasion, blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty. The whole thing is extremely sad, but enough already! There is enough real news right now!

Oh, wait... Maybe THAT is why I hadn't heard about the explosives find until now.

A Blog For All: The War We Forgot To Fight

Mrs. Lawhawk, or Leglbgl as she as known on their blog, takes on this one. She plans to debate Lawhawk as to whether this current war should be called World War III (as she believes) or World War IV (as he appears to believe). Personally, I am really conflicted about this one. I first heard about the World War IV theory the very DAY (if not hours) before Sept. 11, 2001.

However, as I mentioned earlier in this blog, I believe that we are now only in the time leading up to World War III (or World War IV if you'd like). The "real deal" as it were is still very much ahead of us. Now having said that, I believe that we are way too close for comfort.

A Blog For All: The President's 2006 Budget Shrinks Deficit

Ok, I know... off topic. However, it gets to the very heart of why I'm creating this series of posts in the first place.

Brian happened to look over my shoulder this afternoon while I was reading this particular post and he stated "You'd never hear about that in the mainstream media." I hate to say this, but he is correct. There is a lot more accurate reporting on-line these days, or so is appears.

When I was a child, it always seemed that the mainstream media gave both sides of the story, or as Fox News would state, was "Fair and Balanced." It appeared this way to me up until the 2000 Presidential Election (which happened to be the first in which I could vote).

In essence, what is it about President Bush that brings the knives out? My Mom, my Grandparents, and I have been asking ourselves this very question for well over 6 years now. It seems that if a story paints his administration in even a decent light, it gets buried? Conversely, anything that could severely hurt the efforts of the administration and its efforts to fight global jihad is played to death?

I am not an apologist for the Bush administration, and believe that they have made some serious errors, especially in communicating the essence of the current world situation to the nation, but no one is even PRETENDING that they are being fair and balanced (other than Fox, of course).

Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to continue to get my news on-line.

2,996

I've come across this project (blog) via some of the blogs highlighted earlier in this post.

Essentially, the organizers of this project are attempting to have 2,996 different bloggers honor the 2,996 individual victims of September 11, 2001 on September 11, 2006. I've signed up! Watch for my special post honoring Juan Armando Ceballos on September 11, 2006.

They still need approximately 400 bloggers, so sign-up today!

Much, much more to come. This is far from over.

More later.

Lindsey

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Mercurior said...

technically anything can be used, at liquid explosives..

hell even flour can explode given the right circumstances and no i wont tell you how to do it..

i think a lot of this oh we found x and y, is just a way for the organisations to claim more money from the government thats the cynic in me, and usually i am not as cynical as i should be the world is frequently worse than i can imagine ;-)..

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Legalbgl said...

"Mrs. Lawhawk, or Leglbgl as she as known on their blog, takes on this one. She plans to debate Lawhawk as to whether this current war should be called World War III (as she believes) or World War IV (as he appears to believe)."

Aghhh!!! I have been called alot of things in my life, but Mrs. Lawhawk is not one of them. Lawhawk and I have been friends for 20 years now, however, I cannot say that I ever would have married him. First, he never asked, and second, my wife would not have really appreciate it either!

Mrs. Lawhawk, the lovely individual she is, and I (legalbgl) are not one in the same.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Cousin Pat said...

Working my way through the links:

As far as the Infidel Bloggers' two links: 1) everyone should fly naked. We had the 'Surf Naked' movement back in the '80's, we can get a 'Fly Naked' movement going on right now. And with planes being what planes are, if someone wants privacy, they can drive.

What does kind of disturb me is the faux vigilance against other passengers on the plane. As far as 'gathering storms' are concerned, I fear the moment we start making Muslims wear yellow crescents on their lapels.

2) As far as the 'Bush speech,' I'm wanting to hear where that one goes as well. There are two ways to fight terrorism: one - law enforcement vs terrorists; two - massive invasion, destruction, occupation and rebuilding of nations deemed threats. I'm a big fan of #1, but if we got to go #2, let's get it goin'. Draft me and 30 million men like me, ration gasoline, start building ships and tanks instead of SUV's, and get that Marshall Plan II ready to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket