L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Few Interesting Thoughts on Current American Society

I can't get enough of The Anchoress. I'm not Catholic, but I even enjoy her more religious posts from time to time (I grew up surrounded by Catholicism and almost feel part Catholic). For me though, her thorough reproach of the adolescent way many in American society are acting today is spot-on. If you read the comments on the post below, she better explains her position, which I find refreshing. She admits to giving the wrong impression, but then she goes out of her way to rectify the situation.

For the most part, I do agree with her. There are certain aspects of our society that are acting like spoiled adolescents. Now I'm not placing the entire blame on the "Look At Me!" boomers, but a case can be made for the situation worsening considerably during their watch. No matter how you look at it, this is a "must read" post of hers. I particularly like the illustrations.

“Teenage” America says “yeah, whatever.” | The Anchoress

Lindsey

PS - You can read more about what I had to say on the subject here.

UPDATE: I found several errors in this post. Sometimes my brain is faster than my fingers! They should be taken care of now.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket