L .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde

A fun, relaxing place to rant, rave, highlight interesting finds on the web, and initiate discussion on topics large and small. You may not agree, but you won't be bored! Take a look, feel free to comment, and enjoy your stay. You will also find several resources for creating your own website, blog, and web identity.

Join Associated Content Check out my published content!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, April 21, 2008

On A Personal Note... The Profile of a Writer Series and Much More

Many readers may have noticed the change in tone of this blog over the last few weeks. There is no doubt that it has become more political and less about the art of writing. As a result, the Profile of a Writer feature has been put on hold for now.

While I do hope to highlight other authors soon, as well as conduct interviews with a few of my favorites, I'm not sure exactly when that will be. At this point, I'm truly concerned about the state of Michigan, as well as the country. As a result, I'm slowly finding my voice in the political sphere. In addition, I finding it easier and easier to write about Turner Syndrome and other gender issues. As much as I don't like to admit it, Turner Syndrome affects me in a profoundly personal way each and every day. It is a part of who I am as a woman. There is little out there with regards to writing for Turner Syndrome girls and women written by women and girls who have Turner Syndrome. There may be a lot of information on the clinical features, but there is little regarding what it is actually like to live with the disorder. As a result, I feel as though I'm fulfilling a need.

There are so many issues to discuss and so little time. Please know that even though you may disagree with my viewpoint, my perspectives on world events, politics, gender issues, Turner Syndrome, and more are shared with the utmost conviction. In other words, when I share my perspective with readers, it is almost always due to the fact that I have very definite thoughts and/or beliefs on the subject matter.

Now that I have all of that out of the way, I also want to state that I do want (and need) to have fun with this blog! There are good things happening in the world, and they need to be acknowledged.

Lindsey

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket